A blog solely devoted to the building up of an almost completely silly but ironically significant entity created by shear spontaneity on a late night whim. Boots, Staches, Sweaters...and really anything else we think contributes to a healthy society. We like to call it the BSS.

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Most Controversial Haircut

Today’s post is on perhaps the most controversial haircut since the dawn of man, the mullet.  Despite overwhelming amounts of critisicm and negative persuasion, I’ve sported some form of mullet at several points in my life.  
Some may be skeptical, but the times when I found myself mulleted (even with only a simple and subtle shag mullet) are the times when I’ve found myself to be the most successful and/or progressive in terms of physicality, mentality, and even spirituality.  It’s true folks; the mullet really does bring out the best in a man (and sometimes in a woman too. I know a few ladies with a good strong she-mullet, and look out!  they’re might powerful women, but that’s another post in and of itself).
The last few weeks I’ve once again been sporting a lil’ subtle shag mullet, and the difference has been tremendous.  I can work longer hours, harder days, go on less sleep, do better in school, ect. ect. ect.   And guys, despite the vehement hatred which most women lash out with at even a whispering mention of the word mullet, duck flap, Kentucky waterfall, or whatever else you wanna call it, it really does help with the love life.
You might ask me why the mullet has such an effect a man’s (or woman’s) life.  Personally, I think the answer is relatively simple.  The mullet isn’t magic, and it’s certainly not attractive.  However, the confidence required to clash so violently against social norms and put an image at stake is absolutely stimulating and invigorating.  Such confidence spreads like a wild fire until it pours out into every aspect of your life.  It's a beautiful beautiful thing.

In an attempt further harness this phenomenal power, I allowed my elder brothers to make a project out of my hair while at home.  The goal was a Euro mullet, small, and perhaps less powerful than a Kentucky waterfall, but much stronger than the shag mullet I had.  With a picture of David Beckham on the upper right hand corner of the mirror as some sort of guideline, my older brother Matt went to town with the scissors, and Tyler did touch ups with the buzzers.




In the end, it didn't turn out quite like we expected, but there was definitely some brotherly bonding that took place.  I don't really want to go to a hair salon or barber shop and say, "Hey check out this mess.  Think you can salvage it?" So I'll either be finding someone else to try their hand at mullet making, or I'll just buzz it myself and start over...

3 comments:

  1. ahhhhhhahahaha! brenton. i can't believe you went for it. go for the gold and all that, eh what? but i must say, i really admire your bravery and confidence. also, i'm proud of you for using david beckham as your inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Coco. You'll probably be disappointed in my next post though. The mullet was pretty bad and didn't last too long :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you haven't shaved it yet, I'm hoping to see it in class! Sporting a mullet definitely would take some confidence.

    ReplyDelete